This article provides you with information on our Privacy Shield (VPN) and AdBlocker. Click any of the links below to learn more:
- How does the Privacy Shield (VPN) work?
- How do I activate my Privacy Shield?
- Set your preferred VPN location
- Contact Customer Support
How does the Privacy Shield (VPN) work?
The privacy shield (VPN) hides your IP address, therefore hiding your location. To do this it routes your device's internet connection through the VPN's private server, rather than your internet service provider, so that when your data is transmitted to the internet, it comes from the VPN server rather than your mobile device. It's supposed to show a different location so that your real location is not disclosed.
Keep in mind, that although the VPN may make it appear as though you are located elsewhere, most are aware that a VPN is commonly used, therefore don't question your location.
How do I activate my Privacy Shield?
Once you download the AdTranquility app, follow the instructions below to enable the app.
- Open the app and enter the email address you used to subscribe with and click the Verify button.
- Click Allow to give AdTranquility permission to send you notifications required in the activation process. On the next screen, toggle the Spam Shield permissions bar to the right to start the activation process.
- Next, tap the View Settings button. You will be redirected to your phone’s settings. Toggle the AdTranquility bar to the right, then click Allow, to activate protection.
- Click on the notification received from AdTranquility, you will be redirected to the application to conclude the activation process.
- If VPN is included in your plan, click OK to activate the VPN connection on your device.
Our QuickStart Guide will show you how to do the steps listed above. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the exact order they are written, or the app may not work as expected.
Set Your Preferred VPN Location
To set your preferred VPN location, once you enable the VPN (instructions above), you can set your preferred location by going to your settings and tapping Set preferred location (VPN) within the Privacy Shield section. From there, you can select the location of your choice.
Contact Customer Support
If you have any questions, or require further assistance, our support team can help. Contact us at email@example.com and a member of our support team will get back to you within 48 hours.